Part 1 (Initial response by Thursday):
- Choose two of the assigned short stories ( A & P 163-167, Boys and Girls 152-162, Araby 288-292, and The Lesson 146-151) and:
- Compare or contrast their plots (and conflicts),
- Compare or contrast the characterization (including whether the main character changes or stays the same),
- Compare or contrast the setting (especially if something about a setting, or a change in setting, has some impact on the character),
- Compare or contrast the use of symbols or figurative language in the story.