Persuasive Full-Speech Outline Draft
Prepare the persuasive full-speech outline. (Please view the sample outline for more guidance.) The outline should have enough content to deliver an 8-10 minute persuasive speech. The outline should include the following:
- Specific Purpose
- Central Idea(aka Thesis Statement or Preview Statement)
- Introduction capture attention, establish YOUR speaker credibility, preview the speech
- Body key points (minimum of 3), transitions between main points, supporting materials from at least three (3) sources, including in-text references to the sources.
- Conclusion signal the end, summarize main points
- Researched supporting material references (minimum 3) include a References list at the end of your outline formatted to meet the requirements of APA style.
- Identification of a presentation aid(visual)
- Use persuasive techniques and language
Estimated time to complete: 2 hours
This topic is valued at 40 points.
Peer Response: Unit 6, Due Sunday by 11:59 pm CT
Persuasive Speech Outline Draft Peer Review
Respond meaningfully to at least one of your peers. In the response post, critique the outline by providing strengths and areas of improvement based on the quality of the following:
- Body w/ transitions
- Supporting materials in-text references and APA citations
- Were you persuaded? How was it, or was it not effective?
- Other suggestions for improvement