Welcome to your first discussion post! For this post, please:
- Briefly discuss your understanding (or lack thereof) of feminism BEFORE you joined this class, including where you learned about it (e.g., social media, family members, school, etc.) and THEN…
- Discuss what you’ve learned and/or found interesting, challenging, etc., in this week’s readings. Use specific texts and key terms from the reading to support your reflection.
Important Disclaimer: This discussion is not an ideological or political assignment. You are not being graded on whether or not you identify as a feminist, and neither are your peers. Instead, I’d like you to reflect on the various meanings attached to a contemporary social movement (i.e., feminism) that affects all of us -and that comes with a long history.
- Engage with a minimum of two (2) texts and two (2) key terms. Note: My lecture counts as a text 🙂
- Conclude your post with a bolded discussion question.
- Be thoughtful, open-minded, and respectful when engaging with your peers. We all move through this world with different social locations, identities, and experiences. But we’re all human, too!