Crime Scene Investigation
Preliminary investigations do not necessarily yield enough information to prosecute a criminal case. Despite a thorough preliminary investigation, many cases require a follow-up investigation.
For this assignment, select a recent criminal case in your city or local geographical area from the past six months. Consider how you would investigate this case.
Write a 34-page paper in which you:
- Assemble a set of guidelines based on your textbook readings for conducting a preliminary crime scene investigation for this criminal case.
- Discuss at least one way data mining can be used in order to conduct an efficient follow-up investigation for this case.
- Identify the major crimes in this case and specify the reporting procedures.
- Consider the four most important characteristics of an effective criminal investigator and discuss the level of effectiveness that was brought to this case by the investigator. Was the investigation effective? Where could there be improvements?
- In what way can law enforcement investigators conduct efficient and effective investigations while maintaining the rights of both the victim(s) and the accused(s) in a criminal case?
- Cite three references from the past two years. Note: Wikipedia and similar types of websites do not qualify as academic resources.
- Clarity, writing mechanics, and formatting requirements.