Diversity and Media
Carefully review the study conducted on diversity in the entertainment media; the report can be found at
· What are some general conclusions we can make from the data presented here?
· How does it shape cultural themes regarding gender, race, and sexuality?
· How do the images presented onscreen influence what we consider to be the "ideal" image?
Find at least one additional source that helps you analyze the influence the media have on American culture. Questions to think about: What role does an informed public play in a democratic society? How do we distinguish between news sources in the world of social media? What impact has the transition to 24/7 news programming had on the quality of the news we receive? Who determines what types of news and shows get on the air?
· Minimum 250-word response
· Use APA citations as needed
The Real World: An Introduction to Sociology, 7th ed. (2020). Ferris, K., & Stein, J. New York: W. W. Norton & Company