- CSLO 1: Identify and describe the social determinants of health and their role in facilitating health disparities in the United States
- CSLO 2: Examine how the social construction of gender, race, ethnicity, culture, sexuality, socioeconomic status and other social identities impact health in the United States
- CSLO 3: Recognize key risk factors for critical health conditions experienced by various populations and social identities in the United States
- CSLO 4: Differentiate the leading causes of death for various populations and social identities in the United State
- CSLO 5: Analyze how gender intersects with race, ethnicity, culture, sexuality, socioeconomic status and other social identities to influence health in the United States
- CSLO 6: Assess the effect of healthcare inequity and inequality in rural, tribal, and urban communities in the United States
The purpose of this assignment is to stimulate critical thinking on the diverse health practices and beliefs of various cultural groups in the United States.Read the case study provided at the end of Chapter 3. Based on what you read, answer the following questions:
- Is it the physicians duty to disclose the truth to her patient?
- How can the physician-patient relationship be preserved while taking into consideration the wishes of family members?
- What role should culture play in how a case is handled?
Upload your assignment as a Word document, 500 words, double-spaced, APA format.